L's Logbook

A new contact

Bob suggested I meet a guy named D, who lives in the neighborhood only a block from where I'd planned to move. D is 31 years old, a home schooling father of three, and a youth leader who works at Wheeler Mission. W and I met with him last night and toured Wheeler's facility, which is on the same street as D's house. D came to the neighborhood about ten years ago when he was a single guy about my age, and he has been working at Wheeler Mission ever since, so he is a tremendous resource. He advised me to get a house a mile or two away from the neighborhood in a better location so I could have more control over what happens in it ("you don't want thirty guys in your house at once," he said). I have a lot to learn, but I am privileged to have advisors like Bob, D, and W.

1 Comments:

At 12:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

L,

Awesome to hear about your progress! I told DH about your work, and he's also inspired by your story. I looked around the Wheeler Mission website (http://www.wmm.org), and it looks particularly awesome. Here's one video I watched: http://www.wmm.org/av/Wheeler_2002_CareCenter56K.rm

God bless, and keep in touch.

B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home