Waiting, waiting...
Not much new around here. I haven't been working in Brookside proper, although I'm still heavily involved in my church. I'm still waiting to get into a house near Brookside, although the process continues to drag on (I'll spare you the details). Nevertheless, I continue to have the persistent premonition that enormous opportunities lie just around the corner.
I was getting antsy while sitting around this boring apartment, and I wanted to get a head start on working in Brookside. So I was planning to drive an old car up to Brookside and meet a couple of the guys I'd gotten to know a couple months ago. When I told Bob about my plans, he said he didn't want me going there by myself, but he said he'd be willing to go along with me. At church on Saturday, we talked to a woman who lives in Brookside and is faithfully involved in the church, and it turns out that she knows these guys very well and communicates quite regularly with them. (She also filled me in on some troubling developments regarding several of the kids, but I can't share them on a public blog.) Although we weren't able to meet with the guys on Saturday, it might be better to contact them through this woman, since all parties trust her. She's really cool in so many ways. Maybe I could invite them all over for dinner? Wait, I need a house to do that...
2 Comments:
Hey L,
Thanks for the updates, and sorry to hear about your car situation! I admire your patience and persistence. Praise Him for the wonderful people you're meeting along the way, and I hope that dinner works out real soon.
B
L- you don't need a house to have people over for dinner. I had several very nice ones in my apartment, and my friend Teresa should give you hope: she managed to get people to her place despite us all using plastic silverware and sitting on makeshift chairs at a makeshift table! You can do it!
Mrad
Post a Comment
<< Home