L's Logbook

Dead crickets

Yesterday I began teaching the teen Sunday school class through the book of Mark, and our first lesson was on John the Baptist. We focused on the concept of repentance—how it is necessary to first turn from the bad in our lives in order to receive Jesus' forgiveness. To spice things up, I brought in honey and actual locusts (freeze-dried grasshoppers obtained from an exotic pet store). They were a hit with the kids, and several asked for souvenirs ("I'm going to drop them down my brother's shirt!" one boy exclaimed). I just realized how cool it is to attend a church where distributing dead grasshoppers in class is perfectly ok.

Afterward church, the whole Sunday school team came to my house for a housewarming party (meaning that they supplied the food). I deeply admire the folks who help teach at my church, and I am overwhelmed by how warmly they've welcomed me. We had good conversation, and they all prayed for me afterwards. With friends like this, I have been blessed far beyond what I deserve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home