L's Logbook

New digs

Five months ago, I decided to buy a home in downtown Indianapolis. After spending a few weeks doing my homework and shopping around, I settled on a small house in Brookside. Unfortunately, a sequence of events convinced me that it was unwise to live there, so I started over, this time in a much better neighborhood a mile away. The second house took months to close because it required multiple inspections and repairs. After closing, I had to remodel the kitchen, which was in poor condition and had a dangerous gas leak. Tonight, I finally completed the work on the kitchen and hauled the remaining building scraps to the backyard. The house still needs a little more work, but it's now finished enough to have guests over.

Just in time, too—I'm having a family from church over for dinner tomorrow (today, technically). They are, incidentally, the folks discussed in here and here. A couple of the kids are very smart but have made some bad decisions, and I would love to build friendships with them. I hope and pray that this house will open up opportunities in Brookside, since that's the only reason I bought it.

I plan to have some other folks (only adults this time) over on Sunday after church, and the other Sunday School teachers have invited themselves over, although we haven't yet picked a date. I optimistic about this house, but I have no idea how events will unfold...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home