L's Logbook

Quick update

At church this morning, I saw the mom who didn't show up on Thursday. She had worked a double shift that day starting at 4am and was too exhausted to make it. A call would have been polite, but no harm was done. We'll probably try to get together after the first of the year, and she mentioned that she'd like to bring some of the guys in the neighborhood with her—including some of the ones I mentioned in my very first post on this blog. This could work out very well!

On Friday, I went to Bob's house for a "friends of Brookside" meeting. On Saturday, I went to a planning meeting at the megachurch on the north side that has sponsored our church for some time. Unfortunately, there has been a good bit of turmoil related to leadership transitions in the church and conflicting priorities between Bob's youth program and the small church I attend. Please pray for peace... I think the various situations will eventually get worked out, but I want cool heads to prevail in the meantime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home