L's Logbook

Ice cream party!

It has been very cold in Indiana as of late, and on Tuesday we had a big snow. On the long commute back from Columbus, the drive went smoothly until we were a stone's throw from our exit in Greenwood. At that moment, the guy in front of me touched his brakes, and I touched mine too, but absolutely nothing happened. I then tried to merge into the left lane, but the car just kept rotating. It was a nasty case of black ice, and after a little fishtailing, my car spun into the median and was rapidly halted by the accumulated snow. It was less dramatic than it sounds... don't worry!

A very nice man picked my two carpool buddies and me up, even though we were close enough to walk to our destination. I spent the next couple hours hanging out with them, and then I drove my other car home. The next morning, it was hard to find my car in the pre-dawn darkness because there were so many other stranded cars and tracks in the snow. That evening I finally got a tow truck out there to pick it up. The car is undamaged, but there is so much ice and snow in the wheels that they are unbalanced and vibrate excessively above 45 mph. When it finally thaws here, I'll be able to take it on the highway again. In the meantime, having a second car is coming in very handy!

The teen program was cancelled on Tuesday, but we made up for it yesterday. This evening, we took the kids to the mall to hang out (we tend toward low-cost activities!), and afterward they all came to my house for ice cream. They enjoyed sitting on the couches and using the computer... I know I'm feeling much more comfortable hanging out with them, and I hope they feel likewise. We had a many different kinds of ice cream, but cookies'n'cream was by far the most popular. I can't blame them, since that's my favorite, too.


The staff members for the teen program. They are cousins.

1 Comments:

At 1:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

L,

Glad you're OK after then spin... and you'll have to let you know how "all three" ideas (from your earlier post) turn out!

B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home