No news is good news
To make this blog, an event must:
- Relate to me (as opposed to being random news about my neighborhood)
- Not qualify as gossip or be unnecessarily derogatory
- Be interesting, in my subjective opinion
A lot has been going on lately, but very little satisfies all three criteria, so the blog has been relatively silent. In a typical week, I go to the teen program on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, host a Bible study at my house on Wednesday, and teach the teen class at church on Sunday. Some kids usually come to my house after church to watch movies, and I generally go to Bob's house once a week or so. There are the obligatory meetings at the megachurch every so often. Oh yes, and my full-time job and nightmarish commute.
One weekend, another teacher and I drove to Kokomo to visit one of the students in my class, who is now in the juvenile detention center there. There is always something new in Brookside, but usually the drama relates to other people, and I'm uncomfortable spelling out the details of their lives on the Internet. If you're curious, ask me.
Some very good news: A girl in my class, who is by far the most faithful in attending, recently gave her life to Christ. She rode home with one of the other teachers a couple weeks ago, and they discussed what happens after we die. The teacher explained what it meant to invite Jesus into her heart and helped her pray to become a Christian.
1 Comments:
L,
Hope you're doing well, and I look forward to catching up sometime soon! I checked your blog for the first time in a while, so I figured I'd leave a note!
B
Post a Comment
<< Home